The Return of Fur

Everyones talking about the return of Fur. PETA made a serious impact on sales, and how designers used fur in fashion in the past. I'm not sure how I feel about fur honestly. It is beautiful, lux, and has interesting roots in history, but is pretty sad because animals are still trapped for fur. Anyways, I put together a few pieces from various runway shows from Fall 2010. I even tried to get some of the rainbow-brite colors we've been seeing too. How do you feel about fur? All flicks from style.com

Freja Beha Erichsen in Chanel, Ready to Wear:


Siri Tollerød in Valentino, Ready to Wear:


Jac in Carolina Herrera, Ready to Wear:


Jeneil Williams in Zac Posen, Ready to Wear:


Iselin Steiro in Anna Sui, Ready to Wear:


Ciao for now!

2 Response to "The Return of Fur"

  • Anonymous Says:

    I can't deny that I like the look of fur, however in this day & age, I think faux fur can look almost exactly like the real thing. Same with leather. I feel it's unnecessary to be trapping animals (and breeding them in the most inhumane of conditions) not out of necessity, but simply for the sake of luxury and extravagance. It's downright cruel. We would never think of treating our own beloved dogs or cats in this way. I also feel that artists and designers are so much more innovative today in regards to fabric or textiles. I would love to see fur move towards becoming a thing of the past.


  • Anonymous Says:

    If you ran over a deer, would you eat it? Why waste? And faux fur won't keep you warm in the winter, so honey, indulge, slaughter, devour away. There's a lot of equally inhumane contributions to the fucked up reality of things besides wearing fur for glam, yay! See ya on the flip side